Endure for a Cure Ride Guide
When: Friday 20 October, 2017
Venue: Eastern Creek, Sydney Motor Sport Park – entrance off Ferrers Road via Gate A.
Registration Times: 6:00am – 6:30am
Race Briefing: 6:35am
Race Starts: 7:00am
Race Finishes: 7:00pm
Lap Distance: 4 km Gardner GP Circuit – click here to view the course and elevations
Goal: To ride as many laps as you can in 12 hours and raise the most amount of funds. (On the day, prizes will be awarded to the highest fundraising team and individual and for the most laps ridden as a team and individual)
What should I bring on the day?
- Team Jersey – whilst it’s not a requirement that all team members wear the same jersey, it’s a great way to drive fundraising by selling prime space to sponsors
- Comfortable cycling clothes including wet weather gear and jacket – just in case…
- A mechanically safe bike to ride. If you’re not sure it’s ok, have your bike serviced at your local bike shop. Mechanics will be on hand to make any adjustments that you may require through the day
- Bike Lights – although the sun will set at 7:12pm it’s important riders have fully functional lights just in case we are running behind time.
- A correctly fitted Australian Standards approved helmet
- Bottled water or your own bottles to refill throughout the day
- Blanket, towel and any other items to make you comfortable, like a comfy chair & extra socks or change of clothes for the evening
- Money to purchase additional food or drinks
- Your favourite nutritional supplements
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses (hopefully!)
- Spare tubes, wheels (correct size for your bike), bike pump and your own repair kit just in case.
- Painkillers for sore butts!
- Your family! We readily encourage as much support as you can muster.
- A smile and fun personality. Rain or shine, let’s enjoy ourselves.
- The goal for each team and riders is to complete as many laps as possible during the 12 hour duration. As such, all riders are permitted on the track at any one time and allowed to exit the track as required subject to exiting and re-joining the course through the agreed finish and start gates.
- The race begins at 7:00am and concludes at 7 pm. Registration is open from 6am and concludes at 6.30am and all riders must be registered and ready to race by 6.50am.
- All riders must wear a timing chip provided at registration and follow the agreed course at all times.
- Standard Road Race Rules to apply (drafting is allowed) and all riders must wear an Australian Standards approved cycle helmet.
- Road bikes, Hybrids and Mountain Bikes are allowed in this event. Tri Bars are not allowed in the event.
- Riders are not permitted to wear or use MP3 players, iPods, mobile phones while riding.
- Marshalls may remove riders from the course for dangerous riding, mechanical issues or for medical examination if deemed necessary and the Marshalls decision is final.
- A strict no alcohol policy applies to all participants during the race and race cut off times must be adhered too.
All riders are strongly encouraged to be members of Bicycle NSW (or state equivalent) and have third party insurance to compete in the event. The responsibility for riders wishing to ride in this event using other insurers rests with the rider and anyone wishing to rider without the appropriate third party policy in place does so at their own risk.
Whilst this is a closed circuit event riders should remain alert at all times when on the course and ride in a safe manner at all times.
Terms and Conditions. All participants of Endure for a Cure are required to read and sign the conditions of entry. This will be provided at the point of registration, however, if you want to read the conditions on the website click here.
Alpha Hotel set to provide a good night’s sleep
With an early start, a late finish and some tired legs in between, Alpha Hotel Eastern Creek have kindly offered a 10% discount to any rider booking a room on 20/21 October. Including a heated swimming pool and gym, why not treat yourself to a well-earned rest in this 4.5 star complex?
Within walking distance to the track you will be fresh and energised for the long day ahead of you. The 4.5 star complex also includes a heated swimming pool and gym, a great way to get rid of the lactic acid in your muscles post event.
For more information or to book your room click here and don't forget to enter the promo code AEC10 to activate your 10% discount.