Endure for a Cure Schools Challenge 2017
Terms and Conditions
In entering my child into the Children’s Cancer Institute Australia Endure for a Cure 2017 (“the Event”) I acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I acknowledge that the Event will be held at Sydney Motorsport Park Eastern Creek on a closed-circuit track and I agree that my child/ward and I will abide by any law relating to the use of the roads in and around this circuit and the rules governing the Event. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and my child/ward and assess all dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event. I acknowledge that cycling is a potentially dangerous activity and I am aware of the risks of collision with support motor vehicles despite the track being closed to public vehicles and I am aware of the risks associated with my child/ward colliding with other bicycles or pedestrians and will ensure my child/ward is aware of the need to exercise proper care and skill to avoid any collision. I am also aware of the risks of crashing due to uneven surfaces, potholes or gravel.
- I give consent to my child/ward to participate and accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my child/ward’s entry in the Event hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or my child/ward might otherwise have for or arising out of loss of life, damage or loss of any description what so ever which my child/ward may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon their entry or participation in the Event.
- In consideration of Children’s Cancer Institute Australia permitting my child/ward to enter and participate in the Event, I and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, hereby release Children’s Cancer Institute Australia, its directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, Event sponsors, police officers, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, and any other personnel involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running, or controlling the Event from all claims, right, or cause of action for injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind I or my child/ward might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions, whether through negligence or otherwise, of Children’s Cancer Institute Australia in relation to the Event, and I will indemnify Children’s Cancer Institute Australia for any liability, loss, costs, damages or expenses to it associated in any way with any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on my part or my child/ward’s part.
- I acknowledge and accept that my child/ward will be fully responsible for the security of their personal possessions and equipment at the Event. I agree that registration in the Event is personal to my child/ward and that no other person may participate in the Event in his/her place .
- I understand that my child/ward should not participate in this event unless they are physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this Event. If requested, I agree to provide with my child/ward’s entry form a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my child/ward’s physical fitness to participate in the said Event.
- I consent to my child/ward receiving medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Event. I accept that should my child/ward require medical assistance at the event due to his/her participation, such as transportation to a hospital, I will be responsible for these costs.
- I agree my child/ward’s bike will be presented before the Event at the times to be advised to allow it to be inspected and will abide by the decision of Children’s Cancer Institute Australia as to ride worthiness or suitability for the Event. Notwithstanding such an inspection, I acknowledge that I and my child/ward are at all times remain responsible for ensuring that my child/ward’s bike is ride worthy, has been properly maintained and serviced and is in a suitable condition to be able to undertake the Event safely.
- I acknowledge that all riders must wear helmets. I also acknowledge each team is expected to meet the fundraising target of $500 per student rider. I accept that all riders must adhere to the Event rules as advised or face the possibility of being disqualified from the Event.
- I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute Australia or its representative may remove me or my child/ward from the Event area and/or exclude my child/ward from participation in the Event if in Children’s Cancer Institute Australia’s sole opinion it is necessary to do so:
(a) if my behaviour or my child/ward’s behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive;
(b) to prevent damage to any property;
(c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself, my child/ward and/or any other person); or
(d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute Australia will review the weather conditions prior to the Event and may need to adjust, reduce, move the date for or cancel this Event for safety reasons if the weather proves to be a risk to my child/ward’s health and the completion of the circuit. I agree to abide to whatever decision is made by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia should unforeseen weather conditions place the Event and/or my child/ward’s health at risk.
- Children’s Cancer Institute Australia reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event, including date, course and location at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published on the Event website and any/or any other means.
- I understand that should my contact details or my child/ward’s contact details change after registration is completed, it is my responsibility to notify the Event organisers.
- The use of any type of drone is prohibited at the Event.
- All participation fees and associated costs are considered donations and are non-transferable and non-refundable unless agreed to in writing by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia 10 business days prior to the Event. To make a request, please notify Children’s Cancer Institute Australia via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given if the Event is cancelled or for change of mind.
- I acknowledge and agree as part of the registration process to provide my telephone number and information about my child/ward’s medical, physical, dietary conditions and/or allergies, from which my child/ward suffers, that might affect their performance, or be relevant if medical treatment is required, or if food or drinks are provided.
- I acknowledge and accept that I am responsible for ensuring that my child/ward is adequately insured for this event. I also acknowledge and accept that Children’s Cancer Institute does not provide insurance. It is possible, but not guaranteed that your child/ward will be covered by the NSW Supplementary Sporting Injuries Benefits Scheme (covers all students should they be permanently injured/die while participating in authorised school sporting or athletic activities such as school lessons, training and competitions).
Use of Image
I consent to the use of my child/ward’s name, school details, race results, image, voice, statement or otherwise, and applicable age bracket to promote the Event in any form of the media without payment or compensation.
Children’s Cancer Institute Australia understands the importance of protecting your and your child/ward’s privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1998. The personal information we collect is considered to be strictly confidential. We collect your personal information to register your child/ward as a participant in our Events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia and our sponsors.
If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacy-policy/.