When: Friday 20 October, 2017
Venue: Eastern Creek, Sydney Motor Sport Park – entrance off Ferrers Road via Gate A.
Registration Times: 8:30am – 9:00am
Race Briefing: 9:05am
Race Starts: 9:30am
Race Finishes: 2:30pm
Lap Distance: 4 km Gardner GP Circuit – click here to view the course and elevations
Goal: To ride as many laps as you can in 5 hours and raise the most amount of funds. (On the day, prizes will be awarded to the highest fundraising team and individual and for the most laps ridden as a team and individual)
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- Finish line BBQ and drinks
- Team garage space with tables & chairs
- Team garage signage
- Timing chips
- Onsite mechanical support
- Onsite medical support
- Trophies and prizes
- Certificate of Completion
What should I bring on the day?
- School sport uniform or team jersey to make it easy to identify your team
- Comfortable cycling clothes including wet weather gear and jacket – just in case…
- A mechanically safe bike to ride. If you’re not sure it’s ok, have your bike serviced at your local bike shop. Mechanics will be on hand to make any adjustments that you may require through the day
- A correctly fitted Australian Standards approved helmet
- Bottled water or your own bottles to refill throughout the day
- Blanket, towel and any other items to make you comfortable, like a comfy chair & extra socks or change of clothes for the evening
- Money to purchase additional food or drinks
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses (hopefully!)
- Spare tubes, wheels (correct size for your bike), bike pump and your own repair kit just in case.
- Your family! We readily encourage as much support as you can muster.
- A smile and fun personality. Rain or shine, let’s enjoy ourselves.
- The goal for each team and individual riders is to complete as many laps as possible during the 5 hour duration. As such, all riders are permitted on the track at any one time and allowed to exit the track as required subject to exiting and re-joining the course through the agreed finish and start gates.
- The race begins at 9:30am and concludes at 2:30pm. Registration is open from 8:30am and concludes at 9:00am and all riders must be registered and ready to race by 9:30am.
- All riders must wear a timing chip provided at registration and follow the agreed course at all times.
- Standard Road Race Rules to apply (drafting is allowed) and all riders must wear an Australian Standards approved cycle helmet.
- Road bikes, Hybrids and Mountain Bikes are allowed in this event. Tri Bars are not allowed in the event.
- Riders are not permitted to wear or use MP3 players, iPods, mobile phones while riding.
- Marshalls may remove riders from the course for dangerous riding, mechanical issues or for medical examination if deemed necessary and the Marshalls decision is final.