A message from Children's Cancer Institute
This week 20 families will find out their child has cancer. So, we need to keep working to find cures.
As the only independent medical research institute in Australia solely dedicated to childhood cancer, it’s vital we carry on our mission of curing every child of cancer.
We’re currently assessing our events in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Endure for a Cure has been re-scheduled for Friday 16 October 2020.
We have made some additional changes to the ride to ensure we can deliver a safe event and an enjoyable experience under COVID safe guidelines. The main change will be the adjustment from a 12-hour ride to a 6 hour ride. The ride will now begin at 9:00am and will finish at 3:00pm with arrival time at 8:00am.
We plan to support a COVID safe event by:
- Temperature checks on entry managed by Sydney Motorsport Park
- Hygiene controls - sanitiser, disinfectant cleaning materials will be available to all event participants and staff
- Your meals will be packaged and delivered to your garage Sydney Motorsport Park caterers follow Food Safety Standards and Cleaning measures. These practices will be monitored during the day by our COVID-safe marshalls.
- COVID-Safe Marshalls will be on site through out the day
- Strict social distancing, personal hygiene practices in place
- Your team garage is limited to 8 people at one time with no access between garages
- Limited numbers of volunteers and supporters on site Unfortunately there will be no spectators allowed on site
- Duration of event adjusted to 6 hours – Ride will start at 9am and will finish at 3pm.
- No main registration hub - on the day registrations will be managed online prior to the event, timings chips can be collected from your team garage
If anything changes, we will update the website here and contact you directly if you are already registered. Rest assured your safety and that of the wider community is our priority.
Your participation in Endure for a Cure is more vital than ever to ensure we can move towards our shared vision for all kids with cancer. Thank you for your support and stay safe.