When: Friday 16 October, 2020
Venue: Sydney Motor Sport Park, Eastern Creek
Registration Times: 8:00am - 8:30am
Race Briefing: 8:35am
Race Starts: 9:00am
Race Finishes: 3:00pm
Lap Distance: 4 km Gardner GP Circuit – click here to view the course and elevations
An update on the 2020 event
We’re currently assessing our events in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic. Endure for a Cure has been re-scheduled for Friday 16 October 2020. If anything changes, we will update the website and contact you directly if you are already registered. Rest assured your safety and that of the wider community is our priority.
Your contribution is more vital than ever to ensure we can move towards our shared vision for all kids with cancer. Thank you for your support.
Want to know more?
If you'd like to know more about Endure for a Cure or the Children's Cancer Institute, we'd love to speak to you! There are lots of ways to learn more:
- Call us for a chat and we'll talk you through the event, tell you all about our vital work, and can even help you get registered!
- We'll come and present to you and your team at your office. We love to tell people more about how their incredible fundraising means that one day, we will find a cure for childhood cancer.
- Visit us at the Institute for a lab tour. You'll see our researchers at work, and see how your efforts translate into the labs, and developments in childhood cancer research.
Email Lara El-Eter for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
What should I bring on the day?
- Team jersey – whilst it’s not a requirement that all team members wear the same jersey, it’s a great way to drive fundraising by selling prime space to sponsors.
- Comfortable cycling clothes including wet weather gear and a jacket – just in case.
- A mechanically safe bike to ride. If you’re not sure it’s okay, have your bike serviced at your local bike shop. Mechanics will be on hand to make any adjustments that you may require on the day.
- A correctly fitted Australian Standards approved helmet.
- Bottled water or your own bottles to refill throughout the day.
- A blanket, towel and any other items to keep you comfortable, like a comfy chair & extra socks or change of clothes for the evening.
- Money to purchase additional food or drinks.
- Your favourite nutritional supplements.
- Sunscreen, hat, sunglasses.
- Spare tubes, wheels (correct size for your bike), bike pump and your own repair kit just in case.
- Painkillers for sore butts!
- Your family! We readily encourage as much support as you can muster.
- A smile and fun personality. Rain or shine, let’s enjoy ourselves.
- The goal for each team and riders is to complete as many laps as possible during the 6 hour duration. As such, all riders are permitted on the track at any one time and allowed to exit the track as required subject to exiting and re-joining the course through the agreed finish and start gates.
- Each rider is asked to fundraise a minimum of $1000.
- The race begins at 9:00 am and concludes at 3:00pm. All riders must be registered and ready to race by 8:50am.
- All riders must wear a timing chip provided at registration and follow the agreed course at all times.
- Standard Road Race Rules to apply (drafting is allowed) and all riders must wear an Australian Standards approved cycle helmet.
- Road bikes, hybrids and mountain bikes are allowed in this event. Tri Bars are not allowed in the event.
- Riders are not permitted to wear or use MP3 players, iPods or mobile phones while riding.
- Marshalls may remove riders from the course for dangerous riding, mechanical issues or for medical examination if deemed necessary and the Marshall's decision is final.
- A strict no alcohol policy applies to all participants during the race and race cut off times must be adhered to.
Children's Cancer Institute will not have Personal Accident Insurance cover for riders available for this event. We strongly encourage riders to purchase their own Personal Accident Insurance cover for the day. Riders with existing Personal Accident Insurance cover should check with their insurers that it will cover this event.
Whilst this is a closed circuit event, riders should remain alert at all times when on the course and ride in a safe manner at all times.
Terms and Conditions. All participants of Endure for a Cure are required to read and sign the conditions of entry. This will be provided at the point of registration, however, if you want to read the conditions on the website click here.