Not a cyclist? That's ok! We need plenty of enthusiastic volunteers to help us cheer on the riders throughout the 12 hour ride, and perform a number of event support roles to ensure the day is a success.
Some of the roles available are listed below, however, we are also looking for volunteers that can help us set up the evening before on Thursday 2nd May between 5pm-8pm.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our volunteer coordinator - Patricia Manila by email PManila@ccia.org.au or phone 02 9385 8397 for more information.
- Assisting with on the day registrations for the main event and schools challenge
- Marking the rider off the team list
- Providing their timing chip and rider kit
- Providing a numbered bib and writing their name and rider number in large letters
- Signing the indemnity form if required
- Directing them to their garage
- Responsible to safely direct riders to the registration area and to their garage in the morning
- Volunteers located on the road to direct people within the venue, within the car park directing traffic and assist riders to find the registration garage.
This a critical job to keep our riders motivated and show them how much we love them! We need enthusiastic & vocal volunteers who aren’t afraid to shout from the side lines to cheer the riders on. You will have cheer cards and noise sticks and some fun outfits to surprise and delight the riders. This is a really fun opportunity to support the riders on the day and they will love you for your enthusiasm and energy.
Morning 5.30/6am – 1pm
Afternoon 12.30pm – 8pm
You should come in comfortable clothing – black trousers, shorts or jeans and flat comfortable shoes as you will be spending time on your feet. Plus something warm eg long sleeve warm to go under a shirt, gloves for the first thing in the morning You may need shorts at lunchtime at this rate and sunglasses are also good during the day.
We will have branded wet weather jackets and umbrellas in case of rain but BOM says zero chance of rain at this stage.
All volunteers will be wearing our volunteer short-sleeved t-shirts and caps – these will be provided on the day and will fit over a long sleeved top.
Will food be provided?
Yes, all volunteers will receive breakfast and a lunch pack. Snacks and beverages will be available throughout the day. There is also a café available at Pitt Lane where you can purchase additional food.
What else should I bring?
Any additional personal items you might need such as your mobile phone or food you would prefer to eat.