Endure for a Cure 2020
Terms and Conditions
In entering Children’s Cancer Institute Australia Endure for a Cure 2020 (“the Event”) I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I acknowledge that the Event will be held at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek on a closed-circuit track and I agree to abide by any law relating to the use of the roads in and around this circuit and the rules governing the Event. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all dangers, hazards and risks of entry in the Event. I acknowledge that cycling is a potentially dangerous activity and I am aware of the risks of collision with support motor vehicles despite the track being closed to public vehicles. I am also aware of the risks associated with colliding with other bicycles or pedestrians and agree to exercise proper care and skill to avoid any collision. I am also aware of the risks of crashing due to uneven surfaces, potholes or gravel.
- The decision to participate in the Event is my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the Event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury. I, in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in the Event for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of my loss of life, damage or loss of any description what so ever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in the Event.
- In consideration of Children’s Cancer Institute Australia permitting me to enter and participate in the Event, I and on behalf of my heirs, executors and administrators, hereby release Children’s Cancer Institute Australia, its directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, event stakeholders, Event sponsors, police officers, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it is conducted, and any other personnel involved or otherwise engaged in promoting, staging, administering, running, or controlling the Event from all claims, right, or cause of action for injury, loss, or damage of whatever kind I might suffer as a result of any acts or omissions, whether through negligence or otherwise, of Children’s Cancer Institute Australia in relation to the Event, and I will indemnify Children’s Cancer Institute Australia for any liability, loss, costs, damages or expenses to it associated in any way with any act or omission whether negligent or otherwise on my part.
- I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute Australia will not have Personal Accident Insurance cover for riders participating in this event. Children’s Cancer Institute Australia strongly encourage riders to purchase their own Personal Accident Insurance cover for the event. Riders with existing Personal Accident Insurance cover should check with their insurers that it will cover this event. Children’s Cancer Institute Australia will not be held liable for a failure to arrange adequate insurance on the part of the rider or any subsequent claim by an uninsured rider.
- I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and equipment during the Event. I agree that registration in the Event is personal to me and that no other person may participate in the Event in my place.
- I attest that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this Event. If requested, I agree to provide with my entry form a signed doctor’s certificate attesting to my physical fitness to participate in the said Event.
- I consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Event. I accept that should I require medical assistance at the event due to my participation, such as transportation to a hospital, I will be responsible for these costs.
- I acknowledge that I at all times remain responsible for ensuring that my bike is ride worthy, has been properly maintained and serviced and is in a suitable condition to be able to undertake the Event safely.
- I acknowledge that all riders must wear helmets. I also acknowledge each rider is expected to meet the fundraising target of $1,000. I accept that all riders must adhere to the Event rules as advised or face the possibility of being disqualified from the Event.
- I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute Australia or its representative may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from participation in the Event if in Children’s Cancer Institute Australia’s sole opinion, it is necessary to do so:
(a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive
(b) to prevent damage to any property;
(c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself and/or any other person); or
(d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
- I acknowledge that Children’s Cancer Institute Australia will review the weather conditions prior to the Event and may need to adjust, reduce, move the date for or cancel this Event for safety reasons if the weather proved to be a risk to my health and the completion of the circuit. I agree to abide to whatever decision is made by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia should unforeseen weather conditions place the Event and my health at risk.
- Children’s Cancer Institute Australia reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event, including date, course and location at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published on the Event website and any/or any other means.
- I understand that should my contact details change after my registration is completed, it is my responsibility to notify the Event organisers.
- The use of any type of drone is prohibited at the Event.
- All participation fees and associated costs are considered donations and are non-transferable and non-refundable unless agreed to in writing by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia 10 business days prior to the Event. To make a request, please notify Children’s Cancer Institute Australia via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given if the Event is cancelled or for change of mind. 15
Use of Image
I consent to the use of my name, race results, image, voice, statement or otherwise, and applicable age bracket to promote the Event in any form of the media without payment or compensation.
Children’s Cancer Institute Australia understands the importance of protecting your privacy and complies with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1998. The personal information we collect is considered to be strictly confidential. We collect your personal information to register you as a participant in our Events and for the purpose of issuing you with a valid tax invoice. We may also disclose your personal information for fundraising and marketing purposes, such as sending you details about other activities, special offers or promotions by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia and our sponsors.
If you do not consent to your personal information being disclosed by Children’s Cancer Institute Australia, you can opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can find more information about how we handle your personal information by visiting https://www.ccia.org.au/privacy-policy/.